Jun 19, 2010

Flushing the legs - Elkhorn Stage 2

Since I was up with the team at 7am, Anne convinced me to use the 11 mile Time Trial as way to at least flush my legs out. I asked her if that even made sense to race at 15mph, and she said yes.

So Saturday morning rec ride it was. I looked at the cows, the trains, the sky, the mountains, and I rode the 11 miles and watched all the women pass me one by one. I knew this was it for me, so I didn't really care, if anything I was just still feeling kind of sick and light headed.

I was really happy to be done and get some food and sit down. I even managed a noon time nap, which I am never able to do. I think the hardest part is everyone on the other teams trying to be nice by encouraging me to keep racing, when really I know it is not a good idea, and despite looking fine head to toe, I do not have it in me. Looking forward to watching the rest.